Friday 17 August 2012

Last Weekend's Wedding

Hi guys!

Last Saturday I embarked on shooting my first ever wedding! I was quite nervous that morning but knew that once I'd got going and had met up with my assistant, I would be fine.

I left my boyfriend's at 7:15 am and met with my assistant, Helen at 8:30. We headed to the bride's house for 10am, where she and her wedding party were to get ready and we got straight in to the action! After setting up cameras (and deciding my flash was only going to work when IT wanted to!) we started following the bride, capturing images of her and her bridesmaids, parents and the flower girl as they prepared for the big day.
A fair amount of the morning was spent waiting for things to happen; flowers to turn up, people to get dressed etc but we were given champagne to help celebrate so the waiting was not a problem!

We soon whizzed off to the church to shoot the bride as she arrived as well as the groom's nervous waiting! The ceremony was lovely and we got some great pictures!

After the church we headed to Silverstone Golf Club for the reception where we shot the remainder of the family/group shots and got some shots of the reception venues.
As the wedding party sat down to eat, we headed home, knackered - and I had a massive headache!

The day was brilliant, we really felt like part of the day and I learned a lot for any future weddings! I can't wait to shoot more! I'd like to say a massive thank you to the bride and groom for allowing me to be a part of your special day and also to my assistant, Helen, for all the help (and chauffeuring) throughout the day!

Here's a behind-the-scenes shot of Helen preparing the bride for a shot. I'm still working on the photographs but can't wait to share some with you when they're ready!


www.laurenpinhorn.com
www.facebook.com/laurenpinhornphotography

No comments:

Post a Comment