Monday 14 December 2015

Portrait Experience; Erin

Recently, I had another portfolio building shoot with my sister, Erin.
Her and mother had come to visit for the weekend and she needed some headshots for work, so I took the opportunity to also get some images for my portfolio!

We were kind of squished in my little living room, next to the big windows, with my huge backdrop taking up most of the space! But, I'm pretty pleased with the results!
I tried out some poses reminiscent of the Old Masters; paintings that I love. I really want my work to be seen as something resembling the old painted portraits families would have above the fireplace. I want people to see my portraits as something important to hold on to; to be passed down generations and kept in the family as a memento of past ancestors. So using all the fabric and textures and colours and poses which takes inspiration from that period really makes sense to me!

I am in the process of ordering and putting together studio samples and all my marketing. So far I have my premier product as a sample and am constantly working on all the marketing and paper work that goes with running a business! It's a lot of work but I can't wait to get all my stuff together and show you all my beautiful products!

These images were all shot with natural light and I had big windows to the right of me. I also used a reflector to add more light. I did face a new problem I haven't really come across before. My sister wears glasses so there was quite a bit of glare on the glasses which needed to be combatted! I mostly tried to change the angle I was shooting at and then edited out some of the left-over glare. But, I have since read of a trick to use with people wearing glasses, so I'm looking forward to trying it with the next person!

As always, here are a few of my favourites.











No comments:

Post a Comment