Monday 11 May 2009

The End Has Come

Well... forgot to do this before I left but. I have now been back in England for 10 days. Spent 2 days at home then made my way to Uni. Was a lot of stress and upset which made the weekend at home a bit shit but... I don't want to talk about that.
I am finally back with my man! 4 months apart is over. Looking back all the stress and the depressiveness seems stupid but we've both said sorry and kind of agreed not to talk about it. We're just happy to have each other back.
It was rather wierd being at home again. On one hand it seemed like I hadn't really left and I had to keep reminding myself that I was actually in another country for 4 months! So although I knew everything and knew how everything worked, I still wasn't quite sure what was going on.
We went to Tivoli on our last Wednesday. Was rather random... even more so than usual because of the May Day celebrations. Drag queens and everything! Walked back about 3, just gone and went to sit with Alex and Libby while they waited for their taxi. That was when we were all a bit like 'I don't wanna go home! Its all actually ending!' It also felt like it had all just been an extended holiday... I can't really explain it.
Being home was good, apart from the stress, and I had my hair done as well.
Finally got to Nottingham about 5:30 on Monday afternoon. When Matt walked into the station and we both saw each other, every bad moment over the past 4 months and especially the weekend was just forgotten. There were some tears... and lots and lots of hugging. Matt said he could have stayed there forever lol.

So things have been good since I got back. To be honest, I haven't thought too much about being in Finland... which is wierd, I thought I would. I'm just sorting out the work I have to do and enjoying being back with Matt. I think we both appreciate being with each other more so now. Now, even if I'm in Uni all day or I go out for the night, I miss him and can't wait to get back to him lol.
So, these are the last pictures and probably the last installment of this blog. I've braved -28, being without my man and the people I know for 4 months, the Finnish alcohol, the loooong days with nothing to do, but I am glad I did it, and proud that I kinda got through it cos there were times when I just wanted to come home! It was an experience and one I'll remember forever. And hopefully some of the friends I made will be friends for life.
14th/15th/16th/17th/18th/19th/20th/21st/22nd/23rd/24th/25th/26th/27th/28th/29th/30th April 2009:

















No comments:

Post a Comment